Friday, January 07, 2011

Just bought a DSLR (Canon Rebel XS)


Palmer Chilling on the couch
Originally uploaded by ruffyen.
So I finally purchased a DSLR. I got a Canon Rebel XS after Jill decided to break my fujifilm point and shoot. Decent trade up if you ask me heh. None the less I purchased a starter lens after refering to my Photography friends both on IRC, IRL, and on the web. The lens I purchased was a Canon 50mm f/1.8 which is so far a really fantastic lens for the stuff I have been playing around with. The photo linked on this entry is a pic I took which is up on my flickr page in a set of a few photos that I have taken so far. Overall with 3 days of use under my belt im really impressed with the photos. I plan to do some more shooting this weekend around town to see what I can come up with and will post here.

Also this is the first post I have had since 2009. Over a freaking year...certainly going to have to change that. Either way 2010 was a great year and I hope to update this blog more often to keep better track of 2011 :).

0 comments:

Post a Comment